What is Biochemical Restoration? Our bodies function with the help of biochemical factors that shape our personalities, behaviors, mental health, immune function, and allergic tendencies. It is a neatly tuned mechanism that relies on chemical components to maintain a constant state of balance. This state is called homeostasis. If one or more of these chemical substances fall out of balance, this may cause illness or dysfunction in physical and mental health.
Our biochemical imbalances can be affected by diet and stressful life events, but it often goes back to genetics and epigenetics. Even brain functions and thoughts are the result of biochemical reactions. Indeed, the brain is, in a sense, a biochemical factory. All these chemicals, working together in a complex system, produce our thoughts and feelings. Therefore, if you are having serious problems with abnormal thoughts and feelings, the reason could be a disruption in the biochemistry of the brain.
Chemical imbalances can occur for several reasons and may affect the body in a variety of ways. There are more than 60 chemical elements in our body each playing a role in the expression of our genes. More than 95% of our body is composed of four elements: oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, and nitrogen. The remaining 5 percent are either macronutrients or micronutrients that are necessary for the proper production of hormones, neurotransmitters and immune function. These nutrients perform various functions, including the building of bone and cell structures, regulating the body’s pH, carrying charge, and driving chemical reactions.
At SENSES, we perform advanced biochemical laboratory testing to determine an individual’s biochemical imbalance. Combining the results of the lab tests with anamnestic information and clinical tests, we prescribe an individualized nutrient protocol to help our patients recover from various diseases.
Physical and mental health demands a proper balance of critical brain chemicals. Thus, correcting biochemical imbalances is the key to optimal health and wellness. We start with an individualized healthy diet combined with regular exercise. Then we use amino acids and certain vitamins and minerals to treat biochemical imbalances. Our team consists of a group of highly educated specialists in nutrition and orthomolecular medicine. Moreover, our executing chefs are among the best in the world which means that your meals will be as delicious as they are nutritious.